James Young of the DIY Network’s "I Hate My Kitchen" is going to be providing Des Moines Home + Outdoor Living Show attendees with the basics of indoor and outdoor renovation.
James Young is a licensed contractor and licensed electrician. A multi-skilled U.S. Army veteran who received two Army Achievement Medals, James is hardcore when it comes to home improvement. He has remodeled a number of homes and over 30 kitchens, bringing them from ugly to awesome. He has also worked on numerous large-scale commercial and residential projects as a licensed electrician.
As host of "I Hate My Kitchen", James loves tearing up kitchens and shows homeowners the latest designs and products, always coming up with innovative ways to remodel their kitchens without breaking the bank.
You’ve seen him on television, but here are some things you may not know about James.
- His favorite part about his job is working with people and helping them achieve their dreams.
- The last television show he binge watched was Scandal.
- His favorite paint color is blues.
- He is an avid boater.
- A peanut butter and jelly sandwich is his ultimate comfort food.
- The best party he ever attended was his father’s 90th birthday party.
- His favorite chore is washing dishes.
- If he could pick one famous person to meet, it would former president Barack Obama.
- If he had to pick one room for homeowners to splurge on, it would be the kitchen.
- One of the home improvement projects he wouldn’t recommend homeowners try on their own is removing a load bearing wall.
- The last music played on his iPhone was Troy “Trombone Shorty” Greatest Hits.
- His go-to hostess gift is big laughs!
- His most memorable home project was renovating his own home in Georgia.
Check out James Young on the Imagination Stage on Friday, March 10 at 6PM, and Saturday, March 11 at 1:30PM and 4PM.
IOWA EVENTS CENTER
MARCH 10 - 12, 2017